Sketch Itinerary for Jambay Lhakhang Festival:
- Paro Airport – Thimphu.
- Thimphu local sightseeing.
- Thimphu – Phobjikha.
- Phobjikha – Bumthang.
- Bumthang Sightseeing (Festival)
- Bumthang – Punakha.
- Excursion in and around Punakha with short hike.
- Punakha – Paro
- Excursion to Tiger’s Nest monastery.
- Depart Paro.
NOTE: Your arrival date plays a vital role in customizing your trip. You can contact us for further customization for any of festival tour in Bhutan.
Service Includes during Bhutan Festival Tour
- Bhutan Visa (USD 40) arrangement service.
- Government royalty (USD 65) and all the taxes.
- Accommodations in 3 Star hotels.
- Three meals a day breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- Full time English speaking Bhutanese guide.
- Private transportation and sightseeing as per the itinerary.
- Museums and parks fees indicated in the itinerary.
- Bottled drinking water throughout the journey.
Excludes in the package during Bhutan Festival Tour
- Flight fares.
- Personal expenses.
- FIT Surcharge for one (USD 40 per person/night) and two persons (USD 30 per person/night).
- Tips to guide, driver, trekking staff, hotel service, etc.
- Single room supplement charge USD 30 per room per night.
- Luxury hotels/resorts available on supplement cost.
- Specialized /language guides available on supplement cost.
- Travel / Medical Insurance.
Bhutan Visa processing
- Bhutan visa is pre-process by our company. Scaned copy of your passport has to be send to us. Processing Bhutan visa will take upto 7 days at the max.
- your passport must be valid for more than 6 months at the time of arrival in Bhutan
Note: There are regular flights from Kathmandu, Bangkok and Delhi to Bhutan.
Please check Drukair Flight Schedule 2019.
Jambay Lhakhang Drub is one of the interesting and important festival of Bhutan. It is held for 4 days & it is held on courtyard of Jambay Lhakhang at Bumthang. During the festival, other than traditional mask dances, priest & laymen used to perform other two unique dances i.e. Sacred Naked Dance (Ter Cham) & Fire Blessing Dance (Mewang Cham).
This festival is very famous of sacred naked dance known as Ter Cham. This dance is usually performed at mid-night by priest & laymen at the courtyard of the temple. Another Mewang Cham (fire blessing dance) is also performed by priest & laymen at the courtyard of the temple in the evening. It is said that, those women who are infertile witness this dance, it is believed that they may bear children in future.